Job Title: Senior UNIX Administrator
Location: Radbroke Hall, Knutsford
About Infrastructure Services
Infrastructure Services is a global team of approximately 4,300 colleagues based in EMEA, US, APAC and Africa. We are accountable for delivering and supporting resilient, secure infrastructure technology and services to customers, clients and colleagues.
About InSv: Unix & Linux Service Operations
The UNIX Support Team is responsible for the management and resolution of Incidents, Problems and Non-Project related Changes.
Please visit our website here for more information.
* Ensure that all requests from users for assistance are handled promptly and effectively 24x7 (managed through on-call and standby arrangements). Is pro-active to ensure that users make effective use of the facilities available to them.
* Demonstrates commitment and ingenuity in expert application of available facilities to non-standard situations, diagnosing underlying causes of difficulties, and devising solutions or workarounds to ensure that the effect on service is minimised.
* Regularly monitors the incidence, status and speed of resolution of enquiries and problems; is pro-active in devising improvements and recommending changes to systems, products or services.
* Obtains diagnostic data to assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Matches unresolved incidents against existing problems, known errors and other incidents. Ensures that incidents and problems in systems and services are fully documented within the configuration/change management & problem reporting system. Classifies and prioritises unresolved incidents. Initiates and co-ordinates investigations to discover root causes, and progresses the implementation of remedial action. Ensures that investigations are fully documented, to facilitate the optimum implementation of remedies.
* Ensures that existing problems and known errors in systems and services being brought into operation are understood and managed in the same way as those arising from operational incidents.
* Ensures that the requirements of agreed internal and/or external levels of service are met.
* Keeps relevant staff informed of the status of systems and services, by producing reports/registers on defect/problem reporting data extracted from the configuration/change management system. Ensures that agreed actions relating to problem investigation and clearance are taken within the allotted timescales.
* "System" software which controls activities such as input, output, dynamic resource allocation, and error reporting, within the operation of a computer configuration.
Examples: Linux, Solaris and AIX (Linux 80%, AIX, Solaris and other 20%)
* The implementation and management of infrastructure platforms or components that host specific business applications or services.
Linux, Solaris and AIX
Veritas SAN Foundation and Clustering technologies
* Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of the testing process and the execution of tests throughout the Operations Acceptance cycle of application development or infrastructure enhancement projects.
Examples: organisation standards for testing, planning & estimating, configuration management, incident management, test efficiency and effectiveness measurement.
About Our Client
Our client is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, they operate in over 40 countries and employ approximately 130,000 people. They move, lend, invest and protect money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.