Key responsibilities and challenges
* Assisting Tax Advisors with the preparation of UK tax computations, Tax Returns and supporting allocations and other papers for UK entities and responding to HM Revenue & Customs enquiries on submitted computations
* Preparation of UK Tax Returns for partners located in mainland Europe
* Preparation of information for global partner tax filings for offices in Europe and US
* Preparation of quarterly UK Company Tax Payments and twice-yearly UK Partnership Tax Payments
* Assisting with the producing the complex calculations in excel for the UK partners' Double Tax Relief claims
* Preparation of payment orders for global tax payments and updating forecasts of future tax payments for cash-flow forecasting
* Assist with partner registrations with UK tax authorities for tax and social security purposes; advising third-party advisers of partner appointments and retirements
* Assisting the Tax Accountant with month end accounting procedures
The firm operates as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on merit, irrespective of gender, race or ethnicity, age, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. This assumes that the applicants are fit and able to undertake the job. Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded in writing at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual's ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment, selection and dealing with the public are provided with training and guidance in administering equal opportunities.
Linklaters endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Linklaters operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.