* The jobholder will work as part of a team dedicated to the review and negotiation of documentation related to new and existing transactions with a particular focus on agency/custody roles; on-boarding of new transactions; liaising with arrangers/dealers, external counsel and internal Group Legal where required as well as working closely with Client Services.
Impact on Business
* The jobholder will be dealing with various product types, including conventional bonds, securitisations, repackaging programmes, project finance, Infrastructure Finance, Project Bonds, Islamic finance, Escrow and custody.
* The jobholder will be required to review and negotiate documentation for new transactions mainly focusing on, amongst others, the role of paying agent/fiscal agent/ escrow agent/custodian/account bank/cash manager, trustee as well as dealing with amendment requests to existing transactions which will require co-ordinating comments with external counsel and peers.
Customers / Stakeholders
* At all time work pro-actively with clients to ensure a smooth and high standard of service delivery to our clients.
* Help Business Development identify possible areas of product expansion as well as maintain our existing clients.
Leadership & Teamwork
* Not only review the transactions to ensure compliance with HSBC's standards but also perform an analysis of the transaction's structure as a whole from a legal and operational perspective.
* Maintain a good level of competency through self-training and help develop the overall knowledge of the team.
* Fulfil additional duties and/or tasks as required to support the growth of the business.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
* The jobholder will be responsible for the on-boarding of new transactions and effecting a successful hand-over to the relevant client services teams for post-closing administration.
* The jobholder is expected to perform a professional review and negotiation of documentation regarding a portfolio of complex transactions, coordinating with external counsel, internal Group Legal and client services teams as appropriate. A good understanding of our operational capacities, legal issues, reputation risks and an ability to identity areas of possible problems is required to ensure CTLA does not sign up to duties it cannot perform. A strong sense of initiative and pro-activeness is required to manage different matters simultaneously.
* Workload volume is generally fluctuating but can result in significant pressure on the jobholder's time management, who will have to exhibit excellent time management and prioritization skills. A flexible approach is required at all times.
* The jobholder will be a Transaction Manager who will be expected to take responsibility for its assigned workload whilst at the same time being able to escalate issues where appropriate. The jobholder will be responsible for the negotiation of transaction documents that will bind CTLA to contractual duties; good risk management and negotiation skills, an eye for detail and good ability to anticipate issues are therefore essential.
* The jobholder will be expected to respond promptly (ideally within 24 hours) to any request for comments or queries from clients (internal and external) and promote CTLA to internal stakeholders as well as external parties.
* The jobholder will also be expected to develop less senior CTLA staff through training and sharing of knowledge. A strong team player attitude is expected.
CTLA operates in both the Debt Capital Markets and the Bank Debt Market and manages a mix of business generation, documentation, operation and relationship management/customer interface with a broad spectrum of globally based clients. Regular contact will be maintained with a very wide variety of both internal and external customers. The diversity of both customers and location requires the jobholder to be flexible, proactive and up to date on current market standards and practices.