This role is to provide a comprehensive and commercially focused credit control service as well as to ensure effective matter management working practices are adopted. This role works closely with the Divisional Heads, Group Leaders, Finance Partners, Partners, Business Managers as well as all the Finance functions to manage debt profile.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
* Provide support to Practice Groups by chasing debts for payment in accordance with payment terms.
* Be accountable for the management of debtor balances on matter files.
* Influence fee earners to achieve cash targets by conducting regular (minimum monthly) individual meetings to review debtor lists & cash pledge information.
* Monitor comments coming out of the Partner meetings and ensure they are recorded on the COLLECT system and agreed actions (e.g. a commitment to speak to a client on a debt by a fee earner by a certain date) are carried out and / or followed up in a timely fashion.
* Identify potential problem areas to Senior Credit Controller. Review electronic invoices (eBills) in broker systems, identify & escalate issues where required.
* Participate in meetings with internal and external clients to advise on debtor balances and provision of information.
* Manage expectations of cash inflow patterns by way of daily/ weekly update to Working Capital Manager.
* Conduct direct communication with Clients on debtor balances
* Financial Information
* Management of report requests from Practice Groups at periodic intervals or on an adhoc basis
* Managing deadlines for periodic reporting.
* Liaison with users to determine business need of information and format required.
* Meeting with clients in a Partner supporting role to interpret reports provided
* Advise Senior Credit Controller and Working Capital Control Manager on Bad Debt Provision exercise for Practice Groups within deadlines set by Group Revenue Control
Information for Recruitment Agents
Linklaters endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Linklaters operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters.
We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments.
These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name.
Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of "@linklaters.com".
We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch using the contact details on our careers website at www.linklaters.com/careers.