Huxley is proud to be working with a prestigious management company. The first office was founded 100 years ago and the group is heavily growing Luxembourg which opened 5 years ago. Thanks to its collaborative, respectful and fast-paced work environment the group manages to have a very good employee retention rate.
We are looking for a fund analyst who will join a growing and existing department. The person should be fluent in English, have an expertise in UCITS funds and in fund accounting/controlling or audit.
* NAV oversight functions related to:
* Pricing and Fair Valuation of securities
* Fund performance validation through benchmarking
* Execution of the Passive Currency Overlay program
* Swing pricing
* Accounting for complex instruments and derivatives
* Budgeting, accruals and invoices process
* Dividend distribution
* Reporting to the Conducting Officers, the Management Company and the funds' Board of Directors
* Fund accounting operations functions related to:
* Cash reconciliations and cash projections
* Portfolio reconciliations (positions, pricing and income)
* Investment of liquidities
* Processing of complex transactions such as fund launch, transfer in kind, merger and asset transferability analysi
* Financial and regulatory reporting functions related to:S
* Semi-annual and annual financial statements
* Audit process and Long-Form Report
* Total Expenses Ratio, Portfolio Turnover, Portfolio Yield
* Financial and trading data for PRIPS/MIFID, specific country requirements
* Subject matter expert
* Stays abreast of regulatory and operational developments via newsflashes, webinars, conferences and regular contacts with the fund industry.
* Has extensive knowledge of the fund's literature (Prospectus, Annual Reports, Fund fact sheets, investors' website, etc.) and can either direct requests on funds' data to the most appropriate source or collate relevant information or provide directly a response.
* Researches and analyzes complex issues and recommends solutions; identifies the root cause of issues to determine potential controls or process improvements.
* Produces effective executive summaries on complex technical matters in a readable and simple manner.
* Provides guidance on operational issues and technical questions to other departments.
* Prepares or reviews thorough ad'hoc analysis / simulations as per management or client requests to estimate fund accounting impacts of regulation changes or business initiatives. Presents findings to working groups with different levels of seniority and efficiently answers their queries.
* Initiates and coordinates process improvements: gathers facts, identify and escalate issues, and identify possible solutions. Consolidates the needs, discusses recommendations with group, and implements best practice and/or process improvements.
* As required provides support and guidance to more junior team member
* Cross departmental projects and team initiatives
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
* You have 5 years + of experience in fund accounting/controlling or audit.
* You have an excellent understanding of valuation principles for securities including complex instruments and most common derivatives.
* In depth knowledge of the investment management industry as it relates to fund operations, investment and hedging strategies, Funds' legal structures, investment operations, reporting and regulatory environment and ability to apply it to work assignments.
* Ability to analyze complex data and/or technical issues and synthetize outcome in qualitative executive summaries.
* Good professional judgment and leveraging of past experience to come up with the most adequate and effective decision, balancing business needs with operational feasibility.
* You are fluent in English.
* You have strong communication skills and are able to priorities your work.
* You are able to abide to tight deadlines.
* You thrive in fast-paced environments.
* The opportunity to have a polyvalent role in a growing company.
* The possibility to work for a prestigious group.
* Salary in line with the market.
* Lunch vouchers.
* Sport allowance.
* Transport allowance.
* Pension scheme.
* Health insurance.
* Training budget.
Sthree Luxembourg is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.