Job Title: Performance Team Leader
Corporate Title: Associate
Department: Asset Management
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs about 26,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through five business divisions: domestic retail, global markets, global investment banking, global merchant banking, and asset management. For further information about Nomura, please visit www.nomura.com.
Working within the Asset Management division, the Risk and Performance (RQP) team provides support to mutiple business areas, including Senior Management, Client Services, Portfolio Managers, Marketing and Sales Support.
The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated team player with the skills to lead a team. Attribution knowledge for equities and fixed income is essential; knowledge of other asset types (e.g. derivatives) is advantageous.
The successful candidate must be able to priortise individual and team work loads and deliver high quality, accurate work to meet the standards required by internal and external parties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Daily and monthly calculation of performance returns.
* Providing full attribution analysis to portfolio managers, explaining any differences between portfolio and benchmark returns.
* Calculate, validate and distribute portfolio and benchmark characteristics, such as sector, credit and duration distributions.
* Ensuring all performance data required for scheduled reporting is calculated accurately to meet external client reporting deadlines.
* Address performance related questions from clients, marketing, investment professionals and all levels of management
* Providing accurate performance related data to senior management to help identify performance trends.
* Project involvement, especially including efficiency drivers and identifying areas of automation.
* Liaising with external data vendors to discuss and resolve any issues.
* Creation and monitoring of internally used indices/benchmarks, used where a fund's performance cannot be measured against a traditional index or benchmark due to the composition of assets within the fund.
Skills & Experience:
* Advanced Knowledge of performance measurements concepts.
* Advanced experience of performance systems (e.g. Factset, Barclays Point, UBS Delta, RiskMetrics, Bloomberg Port).
* Thorough understanding of performance calculations and methodologies.
* Attribution knowledge for equities and fixed income is essential; knowledge of other asset types (e.g. Derivatives) is advantageous.
* Attention to detail essential.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills are essential to ensure timely delivery of scheduled standard tasks, but capacity to maintain flexibility to meet changing business priorities such as revised deadlines or involvement in new projects.
* Ability to communicate clearly at all levels to both internal and external parties.
* Proven understanding of asset management terminology.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to interrogate portfolio data to identify and attribute differences in performance returns.
* Ability to quickly understand new systems, both in-house and market-supplied systems.
* Interpreting and articulating investment performance, attribution and ex-post risk results for a diverse range of portfolios to clients.
* Ability to get other departments to deliver with the tenacity to follow up on outstanding actions.
* Understanding of performance and attribution product trends, including models and GIPS®
* Self-driven desire to continually review and improve personal and team skills.